Information & Rules.
1. The season is 1st May – 30th September.
2. Upstream dry fly only in May and June; nymphing is permitted from 1st July.
3. All Grayling to be returned and all brown trout under 14”.
4. Catches to be entered in the appropriate hut fishing book on the Dever, Lower Test or Upper Test.
5. One brace of trout may be retained.
6. No dogs allowed under any circumstances.
7. Car parking for the Dever and Lower Test must not obstruct the bridleway and footpath at the end of Newton Lane. There is no vehicular access to Bransbury Common. There is space for two cars in the Upper Test car park at Gavelacre House.
8. Please remove all rubbish and leave the hut in a tidy condition.
9. Please ensure all gates are secure in the meadows on entering/ leaving.
10. There is no bridge for the Dever or Lower Test to limit public access to the Common.
Waders are advised (there is no public access to the River Bank or within 15 yards of the fence).
11. The owners, Middleton Estate and Famous Fishing Ltd disclaim any liability for injury or loss of any kind and rods are advised to take out their own insurance.
12. For your own and others safety whilst fishing please read our Risk Assessment HERE before commencing fishin
13. Water Keeper is Nigel Powis, Woodland Cottage, Newton Stacey
Tel: 01264 860306