THE PEAT SPADE is set in an undeniably rural and tranquil setting. Longstock is a pretty village just a couple of miles north of Stockbridge, in the heart of the glorious Test Valley. The Test Valley is one of the best kept secrets in Hampshire, nestling between the historic cities of Winchester and Salisbury, with the New Forest to the south and London an hours drive away. The area is characterised by wonderful countryside, picture postcard villages and the River Test famous for being the fly fishing capital of the world. Tel: +44 (0)1264 810612
GRAYLING FISHING RULES
1 Barbless hooks must be used, handle fish carefully with wet hands, and return quickly and carefully to the water. Please kill
and discreetly dispose of any diseased fish all other fish to be returned.
2. Fishing is by single fly and single nymph only, using traditional patterns and sizes. The use of a small dry fly as an indicator fished New Zealand style is permitted.
3. Wading is not necessary and is therefore not permitted as it damages the riverbed.
4. Dogs must be kept under control at all times. The Keeper reserves the right to request any dog to be removed that is causing a nuisance.
5. Litter should not be left in the fishing huts or on the river banks. All litter must be taken home, and take particular care with discarded line as it is extremely hazardous to wildlife. Please cut into small sections before disposal.
6. All Rods must be in possession of an Environment Agency Licence.
7. Rods are not restricted to fishing a Beat, but are asked to maintain a respectful distance from any other Rods fishing.
8. When fishing Beats 1, 2 and 3 rods are requested to keep the number of cars on the River bank to an absolute minimum.
NB: The water meadows can become very wet and treacherous during the Winter months, and Rods without four wheel drive must leave vehicles on the old railway line or by the entrance gate to the Fishery, carefully parked and not restricting access.
The Estate (Westover Farm Partnership) is not responsible for vehicles that become stuck, and cannot guarantee the safe recovery of such vehicles.
9. The Estate (Westover Farm Partnership) does not hold itself responsible for loss or damage to any property belonging to Rods. Similarly the Estate does not hold itself responsible for any personal injury to the Rods themselves or their guests whilst on the property.
10. Please do not target trout whilst grayling fishing.